Home to one of the largest and most precise machine shops.
Steel America is a national leader in large scale machining, specializing in achieving tight tolerances and providing heavy machining capability to the military, commercial marine, industrial, power, and hydro markets. Our highly skilled team of machinists enables Steel America to provide innovative solutions and turn-key project delivery with efficiency and within budget. Our project management team provides strict oversight for procedure, schedule, and quality assurance.
Operating in climatized shop space of 50,000 square feet with overhead crane capacity of 100 ton, we have the capability of turning shafts up to 95 feet in length, 144 inch swing diameter, and weighing up to 200 tons between centers. Work processes include expert inspection and reporting, overhaul and manufacture, and complete preservation and packaging.
- CNC – Betts Lathe – 95′ between centers; 144″ swing; 200-ton capacity
- CNC – Betts Lathe – 75′ between centers; 75″ swing; 75-ton capacity
- 60-Ton Horizontal Boring Mill
- NAVSEA certified rudderstock and propulsion shaft facility
- NAVSEA/MARMC compliant ISO 9001-2008 (QMS)
- NAVSEA certified welders MIL-STD 248/278
- ASME, AWS, and ABS certified welders on staff