Our fabrication shop is among the best equipped, most modern, and capable in the region.
With 33,500 square feet of covered work space, and a 100-ton lift capacity, we can fabricate structures from simple shapes to complex superstructures for modular construction with ease and efficiency. We have a highly-skilled project management team with a stellar reputation for quality, schedule, and budget. Our capabilities include shaping and bending up to 11 feet of ½” plate or up to 7 feet of ¾” plate; simultaneous multi-cutting capabilities; CNC plate cutting on 10’ x 50’ steel plate up to 4″ thick; saw cutting on I-beams, angle, and up to 20″ diameter pipe, grinding and fitting. Our workforce is capable of fabricating projects out of carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and titanium.
MAJOR EQUIPMENT USED
- Messer Multi-Process Center 200 Plasma Cutting System – Capable of CNC cutting or simultaneous weld prep beveling up to 10′ x 50′ plates. Pre-computer programmed “TrueShape” Automatic Nesting Package. Equipped with TrueHole technology. Travel speeds up to 1,00 IPM. Allows linkage to CAD drawings, HyDefinition cutting (can make up to 53″-3″ effective cut lengths with repeatable accuracy of +/- 0.005″ [0.0025″ within any 72’ move]), and virtually dross free cuts up to 2″ in mild steels (up to 4″ with oxy-fuel head).
- Magnetic Plate and Part-Handling System
- Submerged arc and automated tractor welding
- FARO Vantage Laser Tracker
INDUSTRY STANDARDS MET
- AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction) certified facility
- AWS (American Welding Society) certified facility
- NAVSEA – Master Ship Repair Facility (MRSA)
- NAVSEA – Authorized Boat Repair (ABR)
- ASME, AWS, & ABS certified welders
- SSPC QP-1 Certified Field Application of Coatings and Complex Structures